No products in the cart.
Green smoothies are not only a unique colour but they also offer unique health benefits. Made with leafy greens that are loaded with antioxidants and vitamins, green smoothies are an excellent way to enjoy a delicious drink that satisfies hunger and offers maximum nutrition.
Here are 5 green smoothie tips to get you started on making the perfect drink!
- Follow the 60/40 formula. When you’re making your first few green smoothies, don’t just throw things in the blender. Chances are, it’ll taste nasty if you wing it right out of the gate. Use your measuring cups to achieve the tastiest result possible.
- Blend in stages to avoid leafy chunks. Chewing your green smoothie is no fun! To get a “smooth” green smoothie experience, blend up your leafy greens and liquid-base first. Then add your remaining fruits and blend again.
- Ditch the ice and freeze some fruits. Want your green smoothie to be extra chilly? Freeze your favorite fruits like ripe bananas, grapes, pineapple or berries. This is also a great way to not waste ripe fruits (like those brown bananas on your counter). You can also freeze your leafy greens in a freezer-safe bag.
- Use raw natural sweeteners. Add naturally sweet fruits to any smoothie that tastes bitter or a bit too “green.” By sticking with naturally sweet fruits like bananas, mango, apples, pears or pitted date, we avoid artificial sweeteners and processed sugars.
- Make smoothies ahead for the perfect fast food. We know life can get crazy busy, especially in the morning. Green smoothies are the healthiest fast food for people who are constantly on the go. You can prep your green smoothies and blend the night before and can store it in your fridge for up to 2 days.
Follow these steps and you’ll be on your way to being a green smoothie expert!
Sugar myths exposed
What self love means